In the world we live in today, consumers and B2B clients alike both share a strong appetite for a health dose of information and are resistant to the hard sell. Almost everyone researches products and services online before making a purchase.Even grocery shoppers use apps to compare prices and download coupons.
Which brings us to the following question: Could Content Marketing be the most effective marketing method available? We’re going to make the case by listing out reasons why it’s in the running.
The impact on your audience and sales prospects:
- It helps the reader make a decision. The best content gives readers the unbiased information they need to make the best decision for their situation.
- Builds Loyalty: Providing valuable content makes you a trusted “known” resource to your readers
- According to one study, 70% of consumers prefer to learn about companies through articles instead of advertising
- A Roper Survey of business decision makers found that 80% prefer to get information about a prospective purchase from articles instead of advertising.
- In the same Roper survey, 60% of respondents stated content helps them make better buying decisions
- Content moves prospective customers forward in the sales cycle (particularly if it’s a well design drip campaign)
- A brand’s voice reflects its personality and identity. Content Marketing allows you to express this, directly to your audience!
- Consistent content, delivered over a period of time, makes you instantly recognizable to your audience
The impact on your website:
- SEO (search engine optimization) is dead and Content Marketing is King. Well, not really, in reality content marketing is now a huge factor impacting your search rankings
- Content has a huge impact on SEO, and that impact is growing stronger with each Google algorithm update.
- Content-driven sites generate 97% more external links
- According to Neil Patel, using content optimized for different channels can easily double or triple your resulting traffic.
- Referral Traffic: Contributing to external publications as a guest or having someone do it for you creates a backlink opportunity. If it’s a authoritative site with a high volume of traffic, a single post could reap thousands of visitors to your site.
- As your brand builds awareness and credibility via content, traffic to your site will follow.
The impact on your sales and marketing efforts:
- Strong content will capture valuable insights from your readers which you can use for segmentation and targeting
- Helps you build customer relationships while avoiding less effective “hard sell” tactics.
- Great content can generate steady organic traffic over time.
- Lower cost, higher engagement:Content marketing is incredibly cost-effective and generates more than three times as many leads.
- Companies using content marketing drive nearly six times higher conversion rates than those who so not utilize content marketing.
- Content marketings comes with a volume of benefits which you don’t get with single marketing efforts like pay-per-click advertising. Once the ad spend is gone, traffic stops.
Scale content production dramatically by plugging into our content platform. Powered by thousands of content experts and fully managed by our campaign specialists, it provides you with flexible production and distribution tools to manage your entire content lifecycle.